Long time no post – hope everyone is well! I’m in the middle of a crazy month and have a lot of catching up to do on the travel-deals front, but here are some quick tidbits.
American Express has a nice little Sync offer for $15 off a purchase of $100+ at Staples.com. (Note this offer is online only.)
I don’t need any merchandise from Staples right now so I just bought bought a Visa gift card. The gift card has a $6.95 fee so you come out ahead by about $8. While that’s not a life-changing amount, it’s also not a bad return for 90 seconds of my time to place the order.
For a nice double dip if you are in the market for a computer, combine the Sync promo with Staples’ current offer of $150 off all laptops, desktops, and all-in-one PCs regularly priced $499+. (Use coupon code 62638; expires Sep. 13, 2014.)
If you find a computer that is on sale for less than $499 the coupon still works as long as the regular price is $499+.
Staples.com also carries third-party gift cards – Starbucks, Gap, Groupon, iTunes, and many others – so even if you don’t need anything from Staples itself this Amex deal can still be useful.
Unfortunately this is a targeted offer so there is no Twitter or Facebook registration that I know of. You’ll have to log on to your Amex account and see if you were targeted.
If you’re unfamiliar, read my primer on Amex Sync offers for details and instructions on how to use these deals.
More free money
If you have a Bank of America credit card, there is a BankAmeriDeals promotion offering 10% cash back on a purchase amount up to $125 at Staples.
You should find (and register for) this offer in the “Cash Back Deals” tab when logged in to your BofA account if you’re eligible.
Frontier $15 flights
Today only, Frontier Airlines has $15 fares from Denver to select destinations on select dates.
The applicable markets and dates can be found here, and I’ve also pasted them below for convenience.
Do note that Frontier has fees for carry-on bags, although items fitting under the seat are free.
It’s the time of year when hotels announce their Fall promotions, so don’t forget to register!
Starwood’s More for You promo:
- Earn double Starpoints on stays of two or more eligible nights and triple Starpoints if they include a weekend night.
- Register by October 31, stay between September 15 and December 15, 2014.
IHG’s Into the Nights promo:
- Has individualized offers, depending on your account history and stay patterns, but promises “at least two” free nights in addition to a number of bonus points.
- Most offers I’ve seen are pretty compelling; mine specifically has requirements that can be fulfilled with three (cheap) stays (at Holiday Inns). I would gladly pay for three sub-$100 Holiday Inn stays (on days when I’m traveling and need hotel stays anyway) to earn two free nights (which I would use at high-end properties where rates can easily exceed $500/night).
- Must register. Stays must be completed by December 31, 2014.
And, though it’s been out for a while, don’t forget about Hilton’s Triple Your Trip promotion which runs through October 31.
Vancouver hotels – $50 gas card per stay
Finally, beVancouver is offering a $50 gas card for Fall stays at participating hotels in Vancouver. Although not nearly as lucrative as past promotions I’ve seen from them, this is still a decent offer if you happen to need a hotel in Vancouver during the promotion period anyway.
The booking calendar goes through October 31, 2014 so I assume that is the end date of this offer.
There are many sub-$100 rates so a $50 gas card in return isn’t shabby.
Enjoy the deals, and as always please read all T&Cs carefully.