Weekend Roundup: $50 off Expedia Hotel, $15 off Toys R Us Gift Card, and More
Hope everyone’s having a great weekend. We are almost at the end of June, meaning the year is half over. Where does all the time go??
Several Expedia offers
Expedia has a couple of nice offers, including:
- $50 off your first hotel booking of $200+ via the Expedia app. Retrieve a personalized coupon code via this link and follow the instructions (provided in the T&Cs). (Book by July 7, 2014; travel by Dec. 31, 2014.)
- $25 off your first hotel booking of $100+ via the Expedia app. Use coupon code MOBILE25 and be sure to note the (rather lengthy) list of non-eligible hotels. (Book and travel by Dec. 31, 2014.)
Buy a Toys R Us $100 gift card for $85
This offer via eBay states “today only” but I think I have seen it say that for several days now so I thought it was worth a quick mention.
The seller, GiftCardMall.com, is a reputable vendor (you’ve probably seen their gift card racks in grocery stores and the like) so it’s not as if you are buying from a random person.
Even if you’re not a Toys R Us shopper, this might be an indirect way to acquire other gift cards at 15% off. My local Toys R Us brick-and-mortar store carries a decent selection of third-party gift cards (including Amazon) which I have been able to buy using a Toys R Us store gift card. (Your experience may vary)
News & stories
Finally, enjoy a few recent stories from the world of travel:
- Twenty six new properties have been added to the UNESCO World Heritage List. (From UNESCO)
- As I can attest to from recent experience, airlines continue becoming more vigilant in enforcing carry-on limits. (From Skift)
- Travel + Leisure writes about the best steakhouses in the US.
- In contrast to my underwhelming experience, Smarter Travel has a compelling look at a more remote section of the Great Wall of China. (Don’t miss the short but cool video in the article.)
- With Independence Day coming soon, have a look at Travel Channel’s list of the best All-American vacations.