Weekend Roundup of Travel News and Deals
Happy weekend, everyone! It’s in the 90s here today so I am sunscreened up and trying to stay hydrated.
Before we get started…while not a travel deal per se, thought I’d mention that Starbucks Frappuccinos are half off through May 10th (during the hours of 3-5pm).
Moving on, here are some travel stories and deals for your weekend enjoyment.
News & stories
- Check out these 5 phone apps for your travel photos. (From ShermansTravel)
- Lonely Planet has a list of 40 free things to do in New York City.
- For fun, read Matador’s 8 signs you’re still a tourist in Hawaii.
- If you’re in the 0.5% and a car enthusiast, why not rent one of the world’s most exotic rental cars on your next jaunt. Offerings include a Bugatti Veyron for $26,000 (give or take) per day. (From Travel + Leisure)
Just a reminder that Hilton, Hyatt, and Starwood all have summer promotions starting this week so don’t forget to register if you plan to partake.
See my linked posts below for thoughts on how to maximize them, but to boil it down, in my estimation:
- Hilton’s promotion can yield up to a 10% rebate (in the form of points).
- Starwood’s yields 8 to 12%.
- Hyatt’s is more convoluted, but can potentially give a rebate in the high teens – or even more – if “well played.”
Free travel books
The Kindle version of these books is free on Amazon as of this writing:
For oenophiles, take a look at Napa Valley Napa City Wineries
Finally, Lonely Planet’s The World’s Best Street Food is still available so grab one soon if interested.
Enjoy the remaining weekend and don’t forget to check our regularly-updated Travel Deals Page.