Vancouver Hotel Deal Returns, Best Western Credit Arrives, Frontier Has $19 Fares, and Virgin America Offers 20% Off
This is my last full weekend in Buenos Aires (*sniff*) so I am going to call it a day work-wise and go enjoy the 80-something degree weather outside.
But first, a few deals to share. 🙂
$19 fares on Frontier
Frontier Airlines has flights for $19 each way. Must purchase today (December 5), but valid for travel from December 6-18, 2014.
Ten cities are included, with Chicago, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Denver, and Washington, DC among them.
You can access the sale and see all cities here.
Virgin America 20% off
Also, just a quick note that Virgin America is offering 20% off with promo code HOLIDAY20.
Book by December 7 and fly by January 2, 2015.
$125 back on downtown Vancouver hotels
beVancouver has another generous promotion: book a qualifying hotel stay and receive an Amex Prepaid Gift Card of up to $125.
You can search availability here.
It is the off season in Vancouver, but there are some excellent rates to be had.
Here’s an example – the 3.5-star Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites for $19 (after deducting the gift card value):
I have seen similar deals from beVancouver before, but this one is better than previous times as these are refundable rates.
Note that you’ll have to pay taxes on the full rate.
T&Cs, pasted directly from the promo page:
- Check-in must be before or on February 28th 2015
- Bookings can be made using VISA, MasterCard, or American Express
- Bookings may be cancelled up to 24 hours before check-in and no pre-payment is required
- Guests will receive their AMEX Prepaid Gift Card per booking, not per night
- Separate consecutive night bookings at the same hotel will not result in the guest receiving more than one AMEX gift card
- A Maximum of 3 bookings per person is enforced – all subsequent bookings will be converted into normal Best Available Rate bookings (and will apply the corresponding Terms and Conditions) and the guest will not receive an AMEX Prepaid Gift Card
- beVancouver Terms and Conditions Apply
Free $25 Best Western credit arrived
On Monday I wrote about the Best Western $25 Travel Card offer. My card arrived yesterday, so check your inbox if you participated.
As expected, the card expires on January 5. Since it can’t be used on advance purchase rates and I have no plans to stay at a Best Western during this period, I will probably use my credit by dining at a local property.
While the card can surely be applied toward lodging, T&Cs state that acceptance for services other than lodging is at the individual hotel’s discretion. So this may or may not work out, but it is a freebie so I am not going to be upset either way.
Besides, I have nice memories of dining at a Best Western. Took this picture while having lunch at the Best Western Hotel Marmorata in Ravello, Italy last year:
Have a great weekend!